Soft Skills Training Program 2016
Soft skills training were conducted for the students of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa; recently graduated or enrolled in last year of their professional academic studies, from various educational institutions (Universities & Degree Awarding Institutes (DAIs) of Public Sector) of all the Divisions of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The training areas covered under this program consisted of Communication, General Management, and Leadership skills. The uniqueness of this program is that the Training Resource Persons (Trainers) were seasoned professionals having extensive experience in their fields. Furthermore, the training delivery methodology was specially designed to include Pre & Post training need assessments, interactive sessions having a combination of lectures, slideshows, discussions/group work, role plays, presentations and case studies to provide a greater insight to the trainees. This training needs analysis (TNA) was conducted as the first activity of the Soft Skill Training Program (SSTP). The results and conclusions of this analysis has form the basis upon which the training program and activities of the project were planned and scheduled.
200 youth (students) from all the seven divisions of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has learned professional communication, management, and leadership skills. Ten (10) public sector universities/degree awarding institutes have been coordinated/briefed.
Following were the objectives of this program:
- To identify, assess and enhance the hidden potentials of the youth as per the contemporary
- To strengthen the skills of Leadership, Communication, and Management of youngsters to enable them to excel in their career planning and
- To bridge a link between the needs & problems of the youth with the concerned government quarters.
- To pave the way for future youth programs through building coordination and lesson
The important project outputs i.e:
- More than 200 youth (students) from all the seven divisions of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has learned professional communication, management, and leadership skills.
- 10 public sector universities/degree awarding institutes have been coordinated/briefed and have acknowledged the importance of youth additional employment
- 200 youth have been registered, motivated and connected for community development programs, volunteerism and youth leadership in future.